Sunday, April 10, 2005

What happened there?

How on earth did I find myself in the gym at 8.45 on a Sunday morning? How????? I'm not complaining, mind you, every little bit helps, but I don't know where all this motivation has suddenly come from. Big achievement of the day was 15 minutes on the rowing machine. It's been the one thing that has eluded me from the start. I got my 3 minutes on the cross trainer up to 65, I got my minute of jogging up to 25, but could I do the rowing machine? Not a chance. I haven't tried it for ages, but this morning I was the only person in there (not bloody surprising at that ungodly hour of the morning) and decided to give it a whirl. Surprisingly easy! I was shocked, to say the least.

I lost another 100g yesterday. I don't know whether this habit of weighing myself daily is good or not, but it certainly keeps me constantly aware of whether I'm slipping, and over the past week or so it has been a joy to see the weight fall off. It's strange, you know. I went for years without stepping near any scales. And when I say years, I have a feeling I mean over 5. I think I once went on some scales at the doctors or the hospital, but that was still a long time ago, and I can't remember how much I weighed. And now I'm getting obsessive about checking my weight. I think my denial and my insistence that "if I feel healthy my weight doesn't matter" helped to get me into this situation, and looking back, I'm sure I was far from healthy. So keeping track of it is forcing me not to ignore it like I used to, and trying to make sure that I stay on track. I won't put every day's weight on here, as there are random fluctuations between days I'm sure that don't necessarily give a good overall picture of what's going on, but for my peace of mind, at the moment I'd like to keep a handle on it.

And my 7 week 14lb challenge is going so well - 5lb in less than a week! Might need to revise my target if I can keep this up (is it healthy to keep that rate of loss up anyway?). I'm not even doing any particular plan, I'm just trying to be more careful with what I eat and I'm doing more at the gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home