Monday, June 20, 2005

Damn you, scales

Dear Mr Scale God

Why do you keep on going up like this? I know I've not been as good as I can be, but I've not been that bad. And I was really really good yesterday. I ate salad, aubergines, drank water and nothing else, and turned down a potential drinking session. But I was even heavier than I was in the post Saturday's carnage aftermath. Why?

Fluctuate away then, I don't care. I'm going to turn to my new friend the tape measure. The tape measure likes me. The tape measure doesn't tell lies about me putting weight on. It tells me that I'm shrinking, bit by bit. It also backs me up when I tell it that I managed to fit into size 16 shorts earlier. They didn't hang right, but they went on.

I wish I could say that I would give you up, scales. But I don't know that I can. I like the accountability of seeing you every day, of remembering what I'm doing and making sure I stay focussed. But I wish you'd help me out a bit here.

YP

--------------------------


I've been eating salad again. I'm playing around with different combinations, and disovering that it's not actually that bad. Talk about a lightbulb moment. Picking up a salad and realising that I could probably eat it if I tried. So simple, but so revolutionary.

I just can't wait to see my mother's face if I order a salad when I'm over there. It should be priceless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home