Thursday, June 16, 2005

Salad Days

I did it! I finally did it! I ate a whole leafy salad. I've eaten "salads" before. Bean salads, pasta salads, rice salads, cous cous salads.

But never a salad salad. I've bought them and eaten round the leaves. I've nibbled at them. But I've never eaten a whole one. Hold on, chance that I've never to I'd never before today.

It might not seem like a big thing to a lot of people, but for me it's the most radical thing I've done on this journey, three stone down. Sure I've increased the amount of fruit and vegetables I eat, but I've done this by increasing the amount of the same fruit and vegetables, not by increasing the number of different things I eat. Starting to branch out into eating different things is essential in the long run. And I'm starting it.

It might not be the nicest meal I've ever eaten, but I ate it all, and I might come to like it. It probably won't be another 27 years until I try it again at least.

-----------------------

The weight's still dropping off at a decent rate. I'm a mere 100g from hitting my three stone goal. I'm esctatic at that. I realise that I still have a long way to go, but I need to remind myself how well I'm doing sometimes. The compliments keep flooding in. The double takes. The comments about my clothes, my hair, my increasing sense of style. I'm wearing clothes that look good rather than clothes that fit. I have a choice and can choose something that flatters me rather than wearing a shapeless sack that covers my girth.

If I feel this much better at a size 18 imagine if I make it down to "thin person's" sizes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home