Saturday, June 25, 2005

Target Weigh In

So, you'll see the ticker that's been at the top of the blog for a while counting down to today. I have to stay I've astounded myself with this one. I've not only met target (despite having a holiday during the challenge period), but I've gone whizzing way past it. In fact I've lost 50% more than I was planning to, which has made me very happy indeed.

The strange thing is, I still worry. I worry that I'm losing weight too fast, that it will go back on again, that it will cause excess skin problems or that it's not fat I'm losing. But if it's not fat, what is it? It's certainly not muscle, believe me - I keep on finding new muscles, and almost every time I do weights I realise I can lift more and more. And if it's water, exactly how much water did I have originally? I drink loads of water, and although I'm sure I'm not retaining too much, I don't feel at all dehydrated. So, fat then? But at one hell of a speed.

And the thing is, I'm not depriving myself. I eat when I'm hungry, and I eat huge portions. Huge portions of healthy stuff, but still loads of food. If I want chocolate or I want alcohol, I have it. I can't believe how much of it I used to have, and I do have far less, but I don't deprive myself of anything. Nothing is banned.

I think the thing must be the sheer amount of exercise I do. I'm now coming round to seeing 5k as a "short" run, which is something I would never have believed if you'd told me that in March. I constantly amaze myself with my fitness, when I compare what I'm doing at the gym to what the skinny, "fit", people are doing. I can match it with them, despite what people might think when I walk in. And if it's making the weight fly off, then who am I to complain.

Anyway, I'm off to Spain for a break. I won't be too strict on myself, but equally I'll be trying to get some exercise in and making better food choices to limit the gain a bit. Then back in the saddle when I get back, for the final push to 199. After that, who knows? I've never had anyone set a "goal" weight for me, although I've guessed a couple of numbers to give myself a notional target. But I'll see when I get closer how far I want to go. I suppose the thing is that this is my lifestyle now, and if I don't stop (and revert to chocolate and booze) when I get to "goal" it's ultimately up to my body to decide when to stop losing. So we'll see what it tells me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Congratulations. You are doing great!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home