Sunday, July 31, 2005

Still Losing

And it's still coming off, much to my surprise. Down 3lb in total from last Sunday, which isn't bad at all. Maintaining my 2lb per week average loss, and inching closer to 199lb every week. I'm now under 206lb (93.1kg), and it's still hard to believe the amount I've lost. I keep on having days where I expect to step on the scale and see it reading 118. Or indeed anything over 100kg. I remember how pleased I was to get past that mark, and now I'm heading towards 90kg at a cracking pace.

I do need to pinch myself sometimes. I spent so long thinking that weight loss was something that I could never do, or at least nothing as significant as this. But I've one it, without any major dramas, without making a big deal of it, just putting my head down an getting to work.

People ask me how I'm doing it, and say things like "losing weight's really hard work". But, in all seriousness, I don't find that it is a lot of the time. I know I exercise a lot more than I used to, but that's fun, so it doesn't really count. And eating. Well, I discovered something that made a lot of difference with that. I realised, finally, that food doesn't make me happy.

When I ate rubbish, it wasn't as a "treat" or even because I enjoyed it. It was because it was easy, and because I didn't have the courage to try something new. Once I discovered quick and easy healthy food that I could eat instead, I realised I was no less happy or satisfied eating it, and that my mood doesn't depend on what goes through my mouth. It seems strange for someone who used to be over 18 and a half stone to say, but I don't actually like food that much. I need to eat it because I get hungry, but it doesn't give me the amount of pleasure that I always imagined that it did. Or not pleasure that lasts and really makes a difference to my mood.

And I think that adds to my feeling of disbelief. The fact that I've done all this, but it doesn't even seem to be that difficult. I know there are probably frustrations ahead, but for now I'll just keep on rolling and see where it takes me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lokadhikar said...

all this is bunkum.

What you should try is Yoga, especially two Basic Pranayama exercises viz. Kapalbhati and Anulom-Vilom Pranayam.

Look it up on the Web.

11:41 AM  
Blogger YP said...

All what is bunkum? A comment like that needs some explanation, please.

And why do I need to try yoga when what I'm doing is working? (particularly as what I'm doing already involves yoga...)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home