Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Perfect 16

So, it's measurement time again. First of all the figures.

Neck: 37cm 36cm (-1cm) 34cm (-2cm) 34cm (no change)
U/Arm: 33cm 32cm (-1cm) 31cm (-1cm) 30cm (-1cm)
Bust: 109cm 105cm (-4cm) 102cm (-3cm) 99cm (-3cm)
Waist: 94cm 89cm (-5cm) 83cm (-6cm) 81cm (-2cm)
Tummy/Hips: 121cm 118cm (-3cm) 109cm (-9cm) 105cm (-4cm)
Thigh: 63cm 61cm (-2cm) 58cm (-3cm) 57cm (-1cm)
Calf: 44cm 40cm (-4cm) 40cm (no change)40cm (no change)
Ankle: 25cm 24cm (-1cm) 24cm (no change) 24cm (no change)

Then the thing I'd started to suspect. I'm a proper, bona fide size 16. I've just got this off the Next website:

order size 16
bust (cm) 99
waist (cm) 81
hips (cm) 105.5

I can't believe how spot on that is!

And, erm, Debenhams and M&S.

But it's raised a question in my mind. Places like, gulp, Miss Selfridge and Top Shop sell size 16. But they don't have sizing guides on their websites. Do I dare walk in there and actually look at their clothes, without feeling like I have no right to even be there at my size?

And why do I keep on thinking about shopping? I really must stop this. NO MORE CLOTHES. (until next week...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

I've had the same worries about shopping, thinking the alarm bells will start screeching if I walked into a normal size shop, and rake thin shop girls would come running to throw me out (would like to see them try, actually).

Anyway, I went looking for a pair of jeans the other Saturday morning and realised I was being totally stupid. Most stores are staffed, esp on the weekend, by kids earning some extra pocket money. They don't give a toss whether you are a size 8 or a size 80, whether you fit their clothes or not. All they care about is getting off work so they can hang out at Maccas and perve on cute boys.

Actually that's a bit mean. The girl was lovely, suggested I use their hemming service and even tried to convince me to a second pair... just like I was a regular person :)

Btw, lucky you for being so in proportion. I'm like a lollipop - big waist and hips, tiny legs.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home