Sunday, August 14, 2005

The pictures

Anyway, now I'm at 199, it's time for some photos. I've been waiting for this moment to put together some pictorial evidence of my progress. I don't have words to describe the hideousness of this picture.

I've cropped out the poor guy next to me who is a rugby player I accosted in a bar and who doesn't deserve to feature on the picture of shame. Note, however, that he's a professional rugby player and I'm dwarfing what you can see of him. That's never a particularly good sign, if you ask me. OK, he's one of the smaller men on the team, but none of them are particularly small, are they?




This doesn't make my stomach look quite so voluminous, but it's clearly not a good look. A bad angle for showing off the horror of my fat legs. But the most scary thing is that I don't think either of these photos are of me at my highest weight. Or if they are, I've lost more than 61kg, and I just didn't know about the first bit. The top picture is September 2002 and the bottom one is March 2003, I didn't get weighed until July 2004. If I was heavier than 260lb there I didn't know it, and quite frankly I don't think I want to. That would be just too scary. As is my chin in a third photo I dug up tonight, but am saving for another time.

But the photo I really wanted to post is, of course, the "let's celebrate being 199" photo. And look! You can see bones! The collar bones are back, and recently I've definitely been feeling hip bones...

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms Gigglepuss said...

Wow, excellent work so far! You're looking great :) Keep it up!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Congratulations. In your most recent photo, you can see a difference not just with the weight loss but you seem to have a confidence and glow that was missing in the earlier ones :)

I recently read an article about maintaining weight loss and they posed the question - what would you do to celebrate if you woke up tomorrow at your goal weight? The people who say having a celebratory meal or some other food reward are far less likely to maintain their weight. Personally I couldn't see the sense in a food reward when there's all that clothes shopping to do.

I tend to think that celebtrating weight loss with a food reward is counterproductive - it is perpetuating a mentality that some foods are "good" and others aren't.

1:24 AM  
Blogger seemzy said...

You look HOT! I love that top :) Congratulations!

7:44 AM  
Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

Congratulations on your victory!!! Keep going and stay healthy.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Rev said...

Wow. Stunning! I think I have those exact same "before" pictures, by the way.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home