Thursday, August 18, 2005

Pretty Thing

OK, so I said no shopping. But sometimes £4 on a top can be money well spent, if it makes you realise that you're not mutton dressed as lamb any more.

I'm wearing a top from Tesco that says "Pretty Thing" on it. It's a nice top. And I half believe it. With my Warehouse denim skirt and my hair straightened. I actually look quite nice. I'm not fishing for compliments here, I've been getting enough of those at the moment to keep me going, but it's nice to be able to see it for myself rather than relying on what other people say to make me feel like I'm prettier or thinner than I was.

I guess all this has happened so fast that it's quite hard to take it in, or to believe that I'm the sort of person who can look, if not drop dead gorgeous, at least passable. It's taken a while for me to recognise what I see in the mirror and appreciate the fact that it's actually me, to not add some imaginary flab so that this mirror matches up with what I think I should see. To get to the stage where I don't feel like a complete fraud wearing a t-shirt with the word pretty on it. I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily 100% secure in my appearance, but I'm starting to have the confidence and the self-belief to believe that I can actually look good.

And honestly, no more shopping...

1 Comments:

Blogger seemzy said...

Believe it YP, you are a pretty thing :)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home