Tuesday, September 06, 2005

There is no secret

I got worked up for a while when I got home from work. There was a card through the door, advertising a premium rate weight loss line. "The secrets of slimming", indeed. At £1.50 per minute.

What secrets? Hey, I'll tell you for free. There's very likely to be nothing you need to know that you don't already know. Exercise more, eat better. I'd guess there are very few people out there who couldn't work out a couple of healthier adjustments to their diet or who don't know, deep down that eating at McDonalds every day isn't going to make you thin. There are so many free resources available out there, and no secrets. OK, some people need support making those adjustments, or maybe they need ideas, but a premium rate phone line? Is that really the best way to do it?

I don't know, maybe it would help for some people, but it just seems such a rip off to me. But maybe I should get into this game...

I was looking back at some of my posts from when I first started this blog earlier. It's nice to realise how far I've come. I've now lost 30kg and I'm a good 2/3 to goal. Less than 2 stone off getting my BMI under 25. When I started, 2 stone wouldn't have got me out of obesity. In fact, once I'd lost 2 stone, another 2 stone wouldn't have got me out of obesity. But I've lost 2 stone twice now (and a bit more) and I'm feeling confident that I can do it again. I've lost 25% of my starting weight, and it's really starting to dawn on me every time I look in the mirror.

Before I used to see it sometimes, from a good angle, in a good light. Now I can't help but notice it. Fantastic. And all without having to pay for someone else's "secrets".

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

For 1.50 pounds a minute, I'd want them to come to my house and push my lazy butt for laps around the park. I'd want them to eat all my junk food for me. And I'd expect a foot massage in the process.

I don't get this stuff - there is a certain cost involved with weight loss even if you do it the most sensible and frugal way possible - just things like buying decent shoes for exercise - so why waste money on stupid "quick fixes".

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home