Friday, October 21, 2005

Bad Bad Blogger

It just ate a really long post. B@stard.

One day I'll get round to telling the ankle saga (otherwise known as the moment I never thought I'd exercise again), but having got midway through it (it's a long story) I can't face starting again just yet. Ah well, it's a treat to look forward to.

Instead, let's just focus on the figures.

75lb gone!

Yes, 75!!!

Sometimes I look at myself (usually individual body parts rather than the whole), and I see thin. My BMI is now lower than my age for the first time ever, at 27.4. There was a shoe shop that advertised a couple of years ago (maybe they still do, I have sky+ so I don't watch ads...) to "act your shoe size" rather than your age. For me, it's act my BMI. I don't know whether I acted 38.1, but I do know that I felt a hell of a lot older than I do now, and a hell of a lot older than I should have done at 26. As my weight and my BMI goes down I feel younger, not just thinner and fitter.

The other BMI related development is that I'm now just about at the mid point between obesity and normality. It took me so long to get to 29.9 that I can't believe I'm half way to 24.9 already. Not that I want to stop at 24.9 necessarily, but I can't imagine how good it will feel to get there for the first time in my adult life.

I've got a quiet weekend this weekend. I have absolutely nothing planned for the first time since about January, so I plan to clear out the wardrobe, and possibly some of the other areas of clutter in the house. I'm sure I'll come across some horrendously baggy clothes, and possibly other mementoes of fatness, so I'll try to post some photos if I find anything funny.

The other victory of the day is that I've started doing thin girl things like getting discounts in garages. I took my car for its MOT today, it only needed some stuff doing to the lights - realigning them and some new bulbs. Anyway, the mechanic called me and said that it would be £20 to do, which was fine (and I expected it to fail on something more expensive - I didn't know what, but I assumed there'd be something). I went to pick it up and he said "what did I quote you on the phone, was it £15 or £20". I did my sweetest, cutest look and said "£20 I think, but you can charge me £15 if you want". And he did! I'd never have dared to attempt that move at my old weight. I don't know whether it was a being cute thing or a Friday afternoon thing, and £5 is hardly going to make me rich, but as a practising ground for the dark arts known as feminine wiles, everyone has to start somewhere!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Hee hee! Good for you for using the 'dark arts' and saving yourself 5 quid! It all adds up.

Congrats on the 75 pound milestone!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Well done. I think I'd have been cheeky and asked for the discount even at my highest weight - that's not feminine wiles for me though, that's cheapness :)

11:30 PM  
Blogger B said...

Good for you! Why not take advantage of all the perks the thin girls have been enjoying all along? Congratulations for getting to the 75 lb. lost mark, that's fantastic!!

Beverly

2:19 PM  
Blogger seemzy said...

Congrats YP on the 75lb lost!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home