Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's me!

You asked, you get (within reason...) Unfortunately the hot christmas party outfit search is still drawing a blank (I'm coming round to wearing a skirt I already have (which is sparkly) with a plain black top rather than getting anything new), but I did buy some jeans yesterday, which is always a good excuse to show off the fact that my arse fits in them.

For some reason, Gap jeans have always had an almost talismanic status for me. I don't know whether it was the fact that when I lived in the US briefly I was so amazed with the instant size drop with no dieting involved. (Sadly, I seemed to take the opportunity to go back to the size I was, but in US sizes rather than English ones). I don't know why it is, but I really do like Gap jeans, and longed for the day when I'd be able to get back into them.

Well, check out the evidence



But these aren't any old gap jeans. For the first time in my life I'm wearing something with the word "skinny" in the name, skinny bootcut jeans. And even better, they're a UK14/US10. I've long suspected with Gap (the jeans at least), that the UK translation of the sizing is just a little optimistic. I'd been a size 18 a while before I got back into the Gap 18s (14s). I don't know whether this is just because there isn't a perfect 2 size gap between the US and the UK, or because they're just a little more stingy than other stores, but fitting into even a US 14 was a distant dream when I first started this (I remember the desperation when I'd lost about 2 stone and still couldn't even get them over my thighs), and now I'm in a UK 14. Bliss.

It's put some light into an otherwise shitty weekend so far. It's that time of the month, and it's cold, and the two things have combined in a desire to spend the entire weekend under a duvet with chocolate and wine doing anything but exercise. When I went shopping there was hardly anything that I liked and I was convinced I looked fat in everything (no leeway for the fact that it's better to look fat in a 14 - or in some cases a 12 - than in a 20, but that's my state of mind this weekend), and the rugby last night didn't help (bloody Aussies).

I'm meant to be going for lunch with a university friend today (she was meant to be staying here last night but ended up staying with her new bloke who also lives in Leeds), but she's not phoned yet so I don't know what's going on, and I'm generally grouchy. I'd better cheer up before she gets here.

I did manage to drag myself out of bed for a run this morning though. Sometimes it seems like the first step is the hardest part. I didn't have a long run, just over 5k probably with another 2k walking home from the park afterwards (I always run there, run round and walk back as a cooldown), but a run nevertheless, which was an achievement this weekend. I wouldn't have beat myself up for missing exercise, i've actually been good with my eating this weekend, and can afford days off, but it was more that I wanted a trial run outside before the 10k next weekend to get an idea of what I need to wear to keep my warm enough but still let me sweat. I'm glad I went out now, but it was one hell of a job getting myself up for it.

Right, I'm off to wallow with the Sunday papers and I'll try not to snack before I find out what's happening with lunch!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

You look skinny too not just the jeans!

5:53 PM  
Blogger seemzy said...

You look fantastic!!! =)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

holy moly you look absolutely amazing. and your arms look so toned! all that hard work and running has paid off, good on ya. truly inspirational :)

(and i reckon a Gap UK size 14 is more like a 12 everywhere else, i remember being a 16 in every single shop in town but feeling so crushed coz i couldn't have got the Gap 16 on with a crowbar if i tried... hehe)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home