Sunday, December 04, 2005

Visible progress

So, I had a good time in Edinburgh yesterday. I found some lovely people who were handing out free mulled wine (sweetened with Canderel no less), so hung around the ice rink for a while, wandered round the shops, and generally just had the chance to get away from all this for a while.

I managed to work out a whole theory of food, weight and me on the train (which idiot decides to send a train from Edinburgh to Leeds via Doncaster by the way?), but even though it's sitting there in my head, it's resisting my attempts to put it down and get it on screen. Hopefully I'll work it out over the next week or two before I go on holiday.


So, instead, I'm going to take the opportunity to post a couple of pictures. I've been accused of not having enough pictures on here, so here goes. The first is a photo of me from Friday night, complete with cowboy hat and magic knickers.


The second is a photo of me from this morning that I actually quite like (I'm not normally a huge fan of pictures of my face).

And, lest I forget where I've come from, I've just located some of the pictures of me at closer to my higher weight. I think I may have posted this before, but I'm not going to dig back around in my archives to find it, so it's time to share the shame again. I'm so fat I managed to block out the Acropolis...



I haven't looked at the progress photos for a while, only ever the most recent ones, and it's been quite eye opening today to see some of the photos at weights where I felt like there was a real difference and, while there was, I can look back now and see that I was still fat. I think that's just the boost I needed for the last two week push before Christmas.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look amazing in that dress!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

you look absobloodylutely gorgeous! :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger K said...

You do, and the dress looks really lovely - and you even found a nonghastly hat as a concession to the theme!

Glad you had a nice time in Edinburgh (hope you didn't get too rained on) and I'm guessing the party was OK?

12:18 PM  
Blogger a mummy losing it said...

Gorgeous dress. And so cool when ou put them with an old photo - you look amazing...

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jeanette B said...

You look stunning! Congratulations on your loss!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I hate to admit it, but I have been so jealous of your progress because it seems as though everything is working together for you to get to your goals. I must reverse that negative energy because man you rock! All of your hard work and consistency has paid off and you look awesome and happy. Your natural internal beauty is shining through in those pictures (love the close up). Thank you for sharing and being another example of what I can do if I put my mind to it.

9:02 PM  
Blogger B said...

Wowsa! If nothing else, you in that dress must make all of this hard work completely gratifying and worthwhile. Congratulations sweetie, you look absolutely stunning!

Beverly

9:50 PM  
Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

Beautiful pictures and updates I was waiting on these to come out. You almost look like a completely different person. Beautiful in both pics no less. WTG and keep up the great work!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home