Friday, January 06, 2006

Blackpool

I think I see an alternative Blackpool plan, but it's kind of scary. There are two half marathons in Blackpool, and I could do the other one. That almost sounds like a plan, except that it's in 8 weeks time. Gulp.

So, what I'm going to do is to attempt a half marathon training plan. Graham said yesterday that I'd be able to get up to running that far in a month or so, I'm not quite so optimistic, but 8 weeks might just about be doable. I've got a 10 week training plan in front of me and I currently run at about week 2 distances/frequency, so it could be possible. Double gulp.

I'm not going to make any rash decisions. I'm going to try a couple of weeks (at least) trying to follow the plan and then see whether I think it's possible. I don't think it's going to fill up too quickly (and if it does then I'll have a good excuse not to run it), but I guess I should at least give it a try. To see.

(and anyway, I keep reading the article I linked to yesterday. Finishing last sounds kind of fun, in a strange way...)

--------------------------------

K, you've got me intrigued now. When I say I used to live in Stratford, I didn't actually live in town, but I did live near Stratford and go to school there, and saying I lived there was a bit quicker than putting that. Anyway, I was at Shottery from 1989 to 1994, I'm not sure whether that's around the time you lived there or not, but that's when I was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home