Monday, March 13, 2006

The final push

I can't believe how close I am. As of this morning's weigh in at the gym I've lost 99lb. I know without a doubt that one day I'll lose another pound. It might not be this week, or next week, but it will happen soon. I know it will.

I will be a person who lost 100lb. Wow.

This isn't the end, but it feels like it. I want to be under 160lb, but I still don't know how far under. Wherever my body decides, really. I'm not going to get worked up about it now. I could gain half a stone and still have a normal BMI (not that I'm intending to), so wherever my weight stops is where it stops for now. I want to concentrate on getting a maintenance mindset, and then maybe if I start to get unhappy with where I've ended up I'll think about it some other time.

I think I'm already shifting into maintenance mode. Since switching to my veggie diet I've become far more relaxed about food, and avoiding meat is the only real rule at the moment. I buy food that doesn't have nutritional information on the label, and I cook with cheese, and allow bread and pasta in the house. I never really counted calories, but I'm paying even less attention now. I'm getting over my initial fear that I'd suddenly start gaining (in fact this week I lost more weight than I usually do). I'm still a bit scared about whether I'll be able to do this, but I'm getting a tiny bit more comfortable with the idea.

But first there's just that one pound to bust. All this journey, all this hard work, and now it comes down to one solitary pound of fat. Whose time on this body is very very limited.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

100! Blimey!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Lainey said...

Wow!

Well done YP! That's incredible. I am so impressed. An achievement that will be with you for the rest of your life. Superb!

By the way, I wonder what 100lbs of fat looks like?

8:58 AM  
Blogger lalalala said...

You are such an inspiration to me. It's amazing. 100 lbs. WOW!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home