Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Main Course

If this is the first time you've visited tonight, scroll down. This is a slow, ceremonial unwrapping of the present I bought for myself, which is being blogged all the way.

I don't normally drink midweek. Luckily with my half marathon this weekend tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, but you may notice me getting more and more drunk as the day goes on.

Open the bag, and you get another layer of wrapping. Almost like a birthday present! (Except I know what's inside. Actually, scratch that, these days I know what's inside most of them because my parents ask me rather than risk getting me something I don't like).

I hate my scummy green carpet, but the wrapping shows up better against it than against the white throw on the sofa.

I forgot to say earlier, that I made sure I dressed for dinner. Admittedly I'm just wearing a Primark denim skirt and a cheap Bershka top from Spain, but it makes me feel hot so who am I to complain!

Nice thing number two, my sister's present. A really nice top, very summery, but still very nice, and a matching necklace. Better than that, it's a small. Better even than that, it fits! Nothing like a bit of sizing vanity to make my day even before I make it to the gym (and not at all because I know there's no way in the world her boobs would fit into that top, and that she'd be forced to get a medium or large for herself. Oh no, such thoughts wouldn't cross my mind...)

This doesn't look particularly exciting, I'm not very good at getting ready meals out of their containers gracefully. Still, it tasted edible enough so who am I to complain?



I've realised that I'm actually running out of courses, so it's time to unwrap the paper. Woo hoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

sexAY jeans! wow :)

a very happy birthday to you. and enjoy that dessert wine...

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home