Saturday, June 17, 2006

Movement!

A momentous day today, I actually saw downward movement on the scales. I've been bouncing around in the same 2lb weight range for what seems an eternity. That's not a bad thing, as it's the 2lb immediately below my initial goal, and I'm bouncing between 100 and 102 pounds lost. But still, it's been getting a bit frustrating when I know I could lose more if only I tried that bit harder.

The thing is though that I seem to have lost my urge to try harder and to shift any more lard. I talk about recommitting, but I don't want it enough now to really stick to it. I wanted to be 160, and I wanted to be below 160, but the difference between that and being, say, 154, isn't enough to really get me motivated.

But still, I've not been eating badly and I've been exercising well. I've been doing enough to maintain, but just not enough to actually lose. But finally a bit of a breakthrough. Not a huge one, but this morning I recorded my lowest weight ever, down to 157. In all my bouncing around I've never hit that weight. But I did today, so maybe things will start moving downwards again. In a bizarre reversal of what I expected I didn't think that I'd reward myself because I was down, I actually stuck to my plan far better than normal because I wanted to see that number again when I go back to the gym on Monday!

I'm not going to get too worked up about these last few pounds at the moment, there's plenty of time if I really feel like they need to go. But still, it's nice to see a bit of downward movement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Movement Yay!

I can't wait to say that. I am so close to my mini goal that I can taste it. When ever I ready your posts I know I can make it too.

Keep up the good work.

10:41 PM  
Blogger JessiferSeabs said...

Congratulations! I"ve been lurking on your blog for a while, and wanted to give you a big pat on the back for the "downward movement." I've been plateaued for ages too, and today I also saw downward movement, so I know how you are feeling!

Jessica

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home