Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sunshine

I felt a lot better today. I ran just under 4 miles before work to sort my legs out, and I've been generally more awake and more alive feeling.

I got a couple of pleasurable jobs done. I ordered my new running shoes and I booked my flights to go and visit my family next month. I have a holiday to look forward to again!

I also got a call as I left work on my mobile telling me I'd won a makeover photo session from a draw I entered. As ever, these things aren't really prizes, and it basically sounded like you provide all the clothes and they just do your makeup then take photos which you have to buy. To be honest, I wouldn't say no to having some professionally taken "after" photos so I might have been interested, but they could only do it on work days and it wasn't a good enough "prize" to tempt me to take a day off work. If it was the sort of makeover that comes with free clothes and photos then fair enough, but not when I'd still have to shell out to get the results. But if anyone wants it then let me know as I can give the "prize" to a friend if I want.

The other thing today was that I started pondering how much a tummy tuck would cost. I wore shorts and a crop top to run my half marathon on Sunday. My stomach usually looks passable if I stand up relatively still. It's a little untoned (OK, a lot untoned) but it doesn't hang down or anything. It's when you touch it or move it that you realise it has the consistency of jelly.

And when I run. I've mentioned that I have no boobs before, and I seriously think that a sports corset would be of more use than a sports bra! Under a tshirt you don't realise quite how much it's moving around but these pictures leave very little to the imagination.

Not for anyone squeamish... [one] [two]

6 Comments:

Blogger lalalala said...

First of all, your "after" photo inspired me (a 260 pound woman) to get myself on the treadmill today and do 3.5/per hour for 20minutes, part of it I even jogged. I feel great. As for tummy tuck, I know when I reach my goal (170) I will be looking forward to a tummy tuck, no question about it, since I don't just have a fat belly, but a triplet pregnancy belly. It'll never be the same no matter whether I make it to the big leagues, marathons etc. Anyhow, do what you think is best, but if you are planning on kids someday in the future, or if you just aren't sure, then don't do it just yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm with you on a corset running top. I've got stuff I need to hold in place!

You normally have to wait about 2 years after getting to your goal weight before surgeons will consider a tummy tuck because things keep firming up after then (well that's what they say... personally I suspect it's because they want to be sure you'll maintain the weight).

10:46 PM  
Blogger K said...

Your legs look fantastic!

I too would hold off until you've been at the same weight for a bit longer - you did lose the weight relatively quickly, so it seems quite probable that you'll see further improvement without losing more weight.

Maybe you do this already, but if your gym has Nautilus weight machines (or similar) you might try the Abdominal machine. I've found it to be very good for toning - much more effective than ordinary sit-ups. It's a sort of weighted crunch you do while sitting up.

These days I do weighted sit-ups on a bench at the gym that holds my knees up with my head hanging downwards, and that's good too.

10:14 AM  
Blogger M@rla said...

Hooray for you, running a half marathon! That's fantastic.

I'm with you on the corset. I have just started running, and although the boobs are definitely the main issue, it's uncomfortable having my stomach bounce around too.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Girl, you may need some tucking but you are an inspiration!!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Maybe you should ask one of the trainers at the gym for advice? I'm sure there are toning exercises that could make some difference and then look into surgery for the rest.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home