Saturday, July 29, 2006

Writers block

Sometimes it just seems like I've run out of things to say. I've been doing this for long enough that most of the big revelations have been and gone, and been blogged. I'm not in the middle of a crisis where I have all sorts of unexplored feelings that need to be outed. I don't need advice, I just plod along doing what I do.

I've started to feel more disconnected from the whole weight loss blogging thing. It's kind of been there, done that. I don't feel like I have that much in common with people starting their journeys any more. I don't remember what it was like to be that big, to have so much weight staring me in the face, needing to be lost. I don't remember what it was like to live off pizza and junk. My mind is gradually writing over my memories of what it was to be that person, and replacing it with new thoughts and ideas of what it is to be me.

I suspect that my posts on here are going to get less frequent. This is dangerous, maintenance and avoiding complacency is still going to get hard, and maybe I need to focus on what I'm doing a bit more instead of relying on the marathon training diet (general theme - eat as much as you fancy and then have a couple of slices of toast for extra carbs). But for now, particularly with the sunshine and the longer days I'm getting out there and just being me, rather than thinking about all this.

1 Comments:

Blogger M@rla said...

That's a hard one... I think all of us see your current life as our goal: just living and doing and not having to focus entirely on WL. Maybe that phase of your life is over, and you can move on now. On the other hand, I don't know about maintenance (I wish!) and maybe this is the time when people get too cocky and regress.

I'm a big help, huh? At any rate, even if you don't post anymore, I hope you will leave the archives up, a lot of people can benefit from what you've learned.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home