Friday, August 04, 2006

Lethargy

I don't know what's come over me. I didn't run yesterday, after going out on Wednesday night, then despite telling myself that I would, I didn't run today because Friday's my rest day. In a way it's not a big deal, because I'm trying to rest my knee a bit and the weekend runs are the important ones but still, since when did my alarm go off without me jumping out of bed and putting my trainers on? When did I start pressing the snooze button? How did that happen?

The mornings are getting darker, and the weather has gone horrible, so suddenly those nice cool 5.30am runs don't seem as appealing.

It doesn't help that my eating seems to have got a bit unhinged this week too. I really need to get myself back on track, and soon.

It was Spanish last night. We had to write sentences in the past - two things which were true and one thing which was a lie. My teacher wrote that she lost 20kg a couple of years ago. It was true. I usually travel back home with one of the other students who lives in my direction, and in the car she said to me that she can't imagine anyone losing that much, and the teacher must have been huge.

If only she knew. I still struggle to know what to say in that situation, to be honest. I tend to just be floored by the realisation that there are people out there who don't have a clue what I've done, rather than being able to make a sensible comment about what they've said!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

First post from an avid long time reader.

While it may be awkward at the time, I can not WAIT for comments like that to be made. To not only be seen as 'not fat', but to be seen as someone who couldn't comprehend what it feels like to be obese would be amazing.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Maybe you've caught a bug or something. Hopefully you'll be full of beans again soon.

11:28 AM  
Blogger pastgirl said...

Wow! The comment that woman made just makes me think about all the assumptions I make based on visual cues about people every day...

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home