Monday, October 16, 2006

Back to Basics

I feel fat at the moment. My trousers feel a bit tighter than they should. I feel like I'm eating when I'm not hungry because I got into the habit during marathon training of eating loads, often, and I feel like I'm risking a regain. It's time to get things back under control, and to go back to doing what I used to do well. It's time to start eating fruit, cutting down on my toast habit and generally cleaning up my diet. The freezer is running low on pre-prepared soups for lunches at work, and I want to get back into proper home cooked meals.

So this is my challenge. To get a bit stricter now I have lower mileage after Berlin and Amsterdam, and to have a good 2 weeks of home cooked clean eating. I'm not talking about anything too radical, but I want 2 weeks to kick start me back towards those good habits that have slipped away a bit.

I'm going to go to the supermarket and get lots of fresh fruit and veg and make an effort to have an apple rather than chocolate for my mid afternoon snack. No pre-bed slice or two of toast. Go back to getting those 5 portions a day of fruit and veg in without having to resort to dodgy accounting. No midweek alcohol*. Less weekend alcohol.

2 weeks should be manageable (although today I'm falling into full "I'll start tomorrow", if I can just have a piece of flapjack today mode). I need to get myself back into gear and quickly.

*Well, unless I feel like I ought to go to the pub to meet running club people after training on Wednesday. Although I suppose that pubs serve soft drinks...

2 Comments:

Blogger "Grandi" said...

Good luck! I'm doing the same thing after gaining back about 7 of the 30 pounds I lost last year! Aaauuuggghhh!! My pants are tooo tight! I AM NOT going to buy a bigger size!! Hit it hard Gym Bunny - I will too and we will both be back in baggy pants in no time!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

Yes, good luck indeed, and thanks for the continuous inspiration!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home