Sunday, December 17, 2006

One Track Mind

Grr. I mentioned briefly that I was chatting to a guy on messenger the other night. It oesn't take long for blokes to wind me up.

Almost as soon as he saw my photo he starts oh you're gorgeous, sexy, etc etc. Now while I like the compliments, I didn't like where this was going.

I decided to be open with him. No stringing him along pretending I was interested in the same things as he was. I told him straight out pretty much that I wasn't interested in that sort of stuff. But did that stop him? No, instead he kept on coming up with suggestion after suggestion. "But how about doing this?" No. full stop. I'm not interested in that. No matter what variation, or how many different ways you ask the question.

I was trying to explain. I wasn't offended. After all I didn't have to answer the questions if I didn't want to. I wanted to come out and say no quite clearly so he didn't get the wrong idea. What I didn't want was an endless barrage of follow up questions in slightly different words. It wasn't offensive, it was just boring and slightly depressing that a supposedly intelligent guy couldn't take a rather blatant no at face value and had to keep on going further and further with it.

Is it that hard to get the message and move on to other topics of conversation, or does he not have any?

It's no skin off my nose if we don't chat again. It's not like I'd built up a fanasy relationship with him or anything like that, and it's not like I'm looking anyway, but really, do the kind of men who roam around online really have nothing more interesting to talk about?

How depressing.

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

What a shame that you had to go through that!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Junie B said...

i cant say that i am not surprised. sending that particular photo was probably not one i would have chosen to send because i can see where a guy would go in all directions with it.

However that doesnt mean you deserved the crap he was dishing out!!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger flurogoddess said...

All guys roaming around on-line generally DO have that one thing on their mind! Sad but true...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home