Saturday, December 16, 2006

"Savour the Chocolate" Update

So far, so good. They've been open since Thursday evening and I've eaten 5 so far. That's outstanding, to be honest, I would have expected to get through that many within a couple of hours of opening the box under normal circumstances.

Of course it helps that I'm being hyper vigilant about it, but it's still nice to know that I still have some semblance of self control when it comes to chocolate. Actually, I've finally found some chocolate where one does satisfy me because they're so rich. I've heard people say that before, but I've never found the chocolate that does it for me (even 70% G&B).

Meanwhile, I had to get some wine for cooking with and although I've poured myself a glass while I'm waiting for my meal to cook, it's going down very slowly.

Maybe this restraint thing is possible after all, without having to resort to not opening things.

2 Comments:

Blogger Junie B said...

I have the same issues, but with chips...not chips like we call french fries :O) but potato chips...

I cant buy them or I eat them all. Usually. sometimes I can maintain self control.

I am trying that again today as I bought a bag at the grocer this morning. We'll see how long they last...

Good luck fighting the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Lex said...

Great work with the chocolate!(but damn you for mentioning Hotel chocolat to begin with because, of course, I had to go and track down the link. Thank GOD shipping to the states is such a fortune, or I would have a case of Smudge on its way).

My best friend mailed me a bag of Thornton's Choccies (my ULTIMATE addiction) over from the UK and I had to divide them into seperate baggies and freeze them to keep from devouring them all!

I agree that the higher cocoa content is usually easier to go light on. The Green & Blacks that you mentioned (the "dark milk chocolate") is the best for that purpose,I think. One little square does the job.

Here in the States (with our painfully inferior chocolate) they are making a thing called "Hershey's Sticks" ( http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/sticks.asp_ ) which are great for portion control...but if something isn't individually wrapped, I'm hopeless.

Anyhow, love reading your entries! Keep up the good work!

-Steph

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home