Thursday, December 07, 2006

Winning the battle

I've had a good week. Despite being busy all week I'm still surprisingly sane and, what's more, I'm pretty close to my "low weight", and I haven't had an alcoholic drink all week.

Not bad considering I've had ample opportunities all three nights, particularly Tuesday at the Christmas lights run and Wednesday at the client do. But I pretty much decided that alcohol wouldn't make my night any better at any of them, and would make my morning workout harder. So I didn't drink. Not to mention that it gave me more calories to play with for the nicest cakes in the world at the do last night.

Tomorrow, I'm not so sure. I haven't actually decided whether I'm doing it on the bus or taking the car in, or even whether I'm getting changed at the gym and lugging my stuff around (I know there's a cloakroom because it's the same place we've had the party for the last three years), or coming home and then going back into town.

But one thing's certain. I'll be dressed as a schoolgirl. I've even dug out my rounders colours to attach to my shirt (I was so proud of them I kept them and still have them 12 years later!). The worrying thing though is that no-one else seems to be doing the fancy dress thing. Still, it means I have a better chance of winning the prize.

Short skirts and over the knee socks here I come!

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Well, have a nice time, anyway...

I still have a badge that says "Vice Captain" - that would be a good addition to a, er, risqué schoolgirl costume... though I'm not planning any!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home