Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ill

Bear with me while I moan for a while. I don't have anyone living with me and taking care of me, so I'll have to get all self pitying on here.

Last night I felt absolutely shit. For a couple of days I've suspected that my throat might be preparing for the onset of something nasty, and about 6pm it hit. Actually, possibly earlier than that thinking about it. I did a 15 mile run in the morning, and during the afternoon I went into town to pick a couple of things up, and I felt like my limbs were really heavy and unresponsive, but put it down to the run.

Anyway, at about 6 I started feeling really weak, and my throat really started letting me know about it. I started having sweating spells and shivering spells, I was coughing, my arms and legs felt horrendously achey, and I just generally felt rubbish. I did manage to cook something (I still wasn't sure whether it wasn't just a fairly minor cold combined with the after effects of the run and not eating enough during the day), but I just got worse and worse.

After a spell shivering I did manage to fall asleep on the sofa for a while with pyjamas, dressing gown, knee high socks and duvet, and that was actually the best bit of sleep I had all night. I went up to bed at about 11 and after that it seemed like I was literally waking up every 3 minutes to cough or try to find a comfortable position, or drink, or go to the loo. I haven't felt as bad as that for a long time, and I've never been so glad for morning to arrive.

And then a miracle. I actually started to feel better. From feeling like I really wouldn't even be able to get downstairs if you paid me, I actually started to feel like I might like some breakfast, and I might be able to drag myself to the shops to get medicine, papers and chocolate. That's a huge improvement on how I was feeling during the night. As I type this I've actually managed to get myself dressed, which isn't something I thought I'd be up to.

It's the main downside of living alone, not having anyone to go and get supplies when you don't feel up to getting out of bed.

Fingers crossed I'll carry on improving through the day. Not that I'd say no to an excuse for a day off work tomorrow, but I hate feeling like this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Thinking of ya YP. Hope you're feeling 100% tomorrow!

Though, you're meant to get sick during the WEEK, not the weekEND! Preferably dreary Monday mornings when you need a good excuse to stay all cosy and warm in bed.

Take care of yourself. :-)

10:21 AM  
Blogger ali4579@gmail.com said...

*hugs* that's no good, sounds nasty. I bet all those veggies you eat has helped knock it on the head though!

I hope you'll take a day off work tomorrow even if you're feeling better - you have to make up for the weekend you missed out on!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

ahhh that sucks :( i think you should take monday off as compensation for losing a weekend to illness! hope you're on the mend soon!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

Hey, I hope you feel better soon. The flu sucks! And I hope that your dad is going to be ok.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home