Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Reward Time

The very first time I rewarded myself on this journey I bought myself an iPod to liven up my sessions at the gym. After that, other than the constant (but necessary) stream of new clothes, I've been quite bad at giving myself the rewards I promised myself. But if I had sat down at the outset and thought of some rewards for myself, they would have been possessions, or pampering, or stuff like that. Massages and facials and CDs.
Things change, though.
I've finally actually arranged a reward for myself. This is a two-fold reward, both for 1 year of maintenance, and for hitting the 110lb lost mark (which, despite giving myself 3 weeks to achieve it, I hit this morning. It just shows what a bit of focus can do for a girl! That and running 32 miles in 3 days). Two monumental achievements, which deserve a reward I think.
So what indulgent reward have I chosen for myself? Erm...
Next Friday night I'll go to the rugby (which I was going to do anyway), and go from there to a hotel in North Wales. Or it might be in Shropshire actually, but somewhere over in that direction. On Saturday morning I'll drive to somewhere in the middle of Wales, and do a hilly but apparently ultra scenic and friendly 20 mile race during the afternoon. Back to the hotel on Saturday night to recover with some food (I'll need food!), and then on Sunday a trip to do some white water rafting. Then home, no doubt tired and battered.
This is one of the new years resolutions I actually set for myself last year, to get out and do activity type stuff in this country rather than thinking that I always need to go away to a European city to have a bit of a break. Last year I managed a trip to Go Ape, but never got round to doing the Welsh activity weekend thing I'd been planning. This year I decided to take the plunge (I think that this might be literally the case too...). The rafting is booked (and non-refundable), and the race entry fee is paid.
I can't believe that I'm now the sort of person who thinks that a weekend like that will be fun!!!
-------------------------
I did get myself another reward today too. I was trying on dresses in Zara (I don't really have any smart dresses that fit properly, and there's a do I'm going to in a couple of weeks that might require something more than jeans and a nice top), I tried a couple on and there was one that looked SO much better than the rest - I looked at the label and it was £12! The others were nearer £40 - £50, so there was no contest. The only thing is that it's VERY figure hugging. The sort of dress where I dare not gain a pound from where I am today. So that is now going to be a bit of maintenance motivation for me.


9 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Wow, you look GORGEOUS!!! I haven't even read your post yet... I just wanted to comment on how bloody gorgeous you look in that lovely dress! You should be so proud of yourself! Your legs look fabulous too, must be from all that running! :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Sorry I just have to leave another comment to tell you again how gorgeous you look!!! UNBELIEVABLE! Compared to your before photos, you look completely different and AMAZING! You look so healthy and happy and thin now! What an inspiration you are YP! To think you started out at 118kg and now you look like that... I am just in awe! *clapping* :) Ok I have rambled on enough now...

Did I mention how good you look??? hehe

Greetings from Holland... Amanda Jane.

9:15 PM  
Blogger ali4579@gmail.com said...

What a fantastic dress! You look fantastic, well done on reaching your milestone.

That picture behind you in the photo is wigging me out.... ;)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Rosemary Riveter said...

Great dress, the neckline is really lovely on you! How fantastic that the nicest one was also on sale. Fate is handing you spiffy clothes.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Salma Gundi said...

You really do look fabulous. I wish we had a Zara here. Fate definitely knew that dress was to be saved for you.

Congratulations on hitting your milestone marker and on actually rewarding yourself for it. I hope you have a wonderful time on the activity weekend. Rafting sounds amazing.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

That is great! You look so professional and so tall and slim. Your calves look fabulous too!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

First things first: Congratulations on losing 110! I have just recently started to make some changes in my life & have lost almost 10 pounds, so far. You are such an inspiration to me! Any suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated! Also, I love the dress!
I am considering getting a lightweight ipod or mp3 player, for going to the gym. I just can't decide which one yet!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

you are foxy as hell! lovely lovely lovely! what a great reward! and all the better for being a bargain :)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I found a link to your blog on stumptuous.com, and it's been an amazing read. Also, incredibly interesting to read what you were thinking at various stages of your "fitness journey" and how you've come to terms with things that may have prevented you from getting fit sooner.

You seem like a wonderful, fun, great person -- as well as completely inspirational in terms of fitness/ weight loss. And you look absolutely stunning to boot. Congrats and thanks for a fab blog!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home