Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Excited

I'm really looking forward to the weekend now. It's not just the marathon bit, it's the whole long weekend in Edinburgh, shopping trip to Madrid, week in Gran Canaria, but I will admit that the marathon bit is the most exciting. Well, except birthday sky diving, possibly.

The funny thing round is that I'm not at all nervous. I just know that I've done enough training, I've worked hard, and I deserve to run well, so I'm not stressing about it. I'm more worried about the drive up there than about the race itself!

I just want to be on with it now. This week at work just seems to be dragging. I want to run, and I can't, I want to cycle and I can't. All this pent up energy is good, because I can use it on Sunday, but I dread to think what state I'll be in by the weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Looking forward (I hope) to seeing you! Good luck.

12:23 AM  
Blogger YP said...

It would be great if you can spot me!!! I'll be wearing a purple vest with Kirkstall Harriers on the front during the race, I should be the only one wearing one, in theory...

6:56 AM  
Blogger K not Kay said...

Why did I think that the marathon is in August? Possibly because I was going to ask the travel agent if Edinburgh could be made into logical stopover on my way to Europe? Siiiigh...

You seem to be full of confidence, good spirit and enthusiasm, so it's sure to be a great experience. :) I love this 'go for it' approach. :) Good luck!

And Happy Birthday! :)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home