Friday, May 25, 2007

That's it then...

I did my last, 2 mile, run this evening. Next time I lace up my trainers it will be for real. I did the same 2 mile run I did on the Friday before Berlin. I like it because it really does remind me where I have come from. I also like it because even at a really easy pace I ran it over a minute per mile faster than I did that day. I feel so much more prepared this time round, so fingers crossed it all comes together on Sunday.

Anyway, this is just a quick note to say that I will be posting times and reports and photos eventually, but possibly not for a while. I'm off to Spain straight from the race, and while I might have time to sneak a quick update of my time on here, the full report might need to wait until I'm back at home. Unless of course the furthest I can manage to walk when I get to my parents' house is from the bed to the computer, on the basis it doesn't involve negotiating the stairs...

Say hello if you see me, I'll be that purple blur heading off into the distance. OK, I won't. But hopefully I'll have a nice big smile on my face by 1pm on Sunday.

Right, it's time to go and nibble on another bagel and get an early night. mmm carbs...

5 Comments:

Blogger Future Me said...

Have a great time! I know you don't need it, so I won't say good luck. You are so prepared. I can't wait to hear all about it.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Good Luck with your marathon! That's so exciting. Have fun :-)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Well done on achieving another marathon! I know about this because I'm K's mum, by the way. She enjoyed meeting you today. You've inspired her to get back into running, though not marathons, I don't think. Hope you had a lovely holiday.

11:44 PM  
Blogger K said...

I did indeed meet YP today, and she says I can tell you that she finished in 3:51:11...

She was still able to move when I last saw her, even down stairs.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

CONGRATS!!!! what a HUUUGE PB

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home