Thursday, July 19, 2007

Revelations

Yesterday I found out a few things I didn't know before.

1. My secretary is doing weight watchers. I found her filling in her record card thing at her desk. That shocked me actually, she's quite a thin little thing and you wouldn't think that she needed to lose weight. I guess maybe I don't know the whole story, maybe she has to work hard to maintain that weight. I was just surprised.

2. Someone from running club has her first marathon time tattoed on her foot. Possibly the one sort of tattoo I like the idea of (although it does vaguely look like she's been branded with a series of numbers like some sort of criminal). Imagine, every time you go to put your running socks on it reminds you of how it felt, and every time you go to put your non-running stuff on it pokes you and says "remember, you're a runner, get back into it". I won't be doing it though, firstly I wear sandals too much, and wouldn't necessarily want it showing at work. And anyway, my first marathon time isn't one I'm proud of because I didn't perform to the best of my ability. But putting the time from my second marathon would seem like cheating - and what if I ran faster in the future? Also, there are pain issues and a fear of needles. No, I'll leave it as an interesting idea that will stay as just that.

3. More people are leaving my firm. I'm not sure what that means for me at the moment to be honest, but we're also meant to be recruiting at the moment, so maybe things will work out. Not that I know whether I want to be here long term anyway, I suppose we'll see what happens. I've been thinking a lot recently about what I want out of life (biiiig topic), and things are starting to fall into place. Or at least the "what's important to me" side of things. What I haven't worked out yet is how to get from where I am now to where I want to be. But that's a big subject that I'm not going to go into now.

And people at running club found out something they didn't know too.

We had a club handicap race with a social afterwards, and I took along the Eve article. I'd told one person about it and she'd asked to see it. Of course, it didn't stop at one person, so now I guess it's general knowledge. I'm kind of glad it's out in the open (although they really didn't need to see that before picture), but I'm glad that they got to know me as a fairly fast runner first, rather than as the person who lost lots of weight. They're both part of who I am, but for the first impressions thing I'd rather people know who I am now rather than who I used to be. I think I've been there long enough now that it's time to let the cat out of the bag.

This is a bit of a fly by update today, I'm away again at the weekend, on the big learn to climb/abseil course I've been plotting for months. At the moment even two hours in the house spent doing anything other than sleeping is a bit of a novelty, but hopefully after next week things will start to calm down a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger JessiferSeabs said...

I have 2 tattoos, one of them is on my foot, just below my big toe, and it really didnt' hurt that much. I like the idea of the marathon time!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home