Friday, November 16, 2007

Seniority

Ah, there's something nice about being an associate at work. It makes walking through the office in lycra (as I tend to do when I get changed then realise I've left my cycle helmet on my desk) so much easier.

First of all, the trainees and secretaries are now worried that I have more authority. I don't, obviously, but it doesn't harm to let them think that if it means they don't make fun of my arse.

Secondly, everyone knows I'm entitled to free parking. Before when I cycled, maybe they just thought that I was being tight and didn't want to pay for parking in town. Now they know it's a deliberate decision to commute using my own muscle power rather than taking the easy option.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd willingly walk round the office in running tights, but now I'm almost proud of it. As long as they don't look at the wobbly bits too closely, until I get rid of them again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home