Saturday, January 05, 2008

Never to early to start planning

And on a different subject. This, being 2008, I need to decide what the hell I'm doing for my 30th birthday. OK, so it's not in the next month or so, but I like to plan ahead...

At the moment I'm trying to be more sociable. I went to a friend's birthday party last night and I'm going to another one on Saturday. Usually I'd have whinged about the cost of having a car to go up there last night, or the cost of a meal that I don't really fancy, but if nothing else, what happened over the past few months has taught me that this whole life thing is all about people, the connections you make, showing people you care, rather than counting every single penny. I can afford it, so why not do it?

So, I'm currently weighing up two "themes". There's either the traditional piss up, or there's the "I'm a sad fitness freak and I'm going to do something stupidly challenging" option. There haven't been any moves towards sorting something out for the Stockholm mara (which is on my birthday), so I've been pondering other options.

Option 1 is easy. Food in Leeds, drink in Leeds, collapse in a heap somewhere.

Option 2 looks like, if it happens, it will probably be this: it gets fantastic reviews, and can be combined, being a saturday, with a night in a hotel and a few drinks afterwards - except I don't know how many of my Leeds friends I'd be able to persuade to head up there with me, and I might be in the horribly scary position of needing to find people on the running message boards who are running it, and bullying complete strangers into celebrating my 30th.

Decisions, decisions...

---------

In other "fitness challenge" type news, I almost signed up for a triathlon the other day. It looked perfect, then I checked the date and I'm already committed that weekend. back to the drawing board then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennette Fulda said...

I'm with you on the "whole life thing is all about people" thing. I've been making more of an effort lately to nurture my relationships and grow new ones.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home