Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A picture that says more than I ever could

You may have noticed that I've been quiet recently. I've not even blogged my FLM result for god's sake. (3:48, if you were wondering)

It's not that I'm depressed, or hiding, it's just that I seem to be too busy living life these days to talk about it. I've run out of new things to say, and I just don't have the desire to sit down at the computer and spill it all out.

So I've decided to call it a day. Not the running and the maintaining (although I have a bit of acquired weight to lose at the moment, my clothes are getting scarily tight), but the blogging about it. I'll still be around on t'internet, on Facebook and so on, so if you want to find me, hunt me out there. I'll also leave this up, just in case anyone finds it interesting. But I won't be adding much to it.

Which got me to thinking that maybe I ought to do a big, emotional goodbye. Thanking everyone who's commented and read, and even met me over the past few years. Everyone who writes a blog I read, even if I don't always have time to write comments. You've been a source of constant support, letting me know I'm not alone in this, and not crazy to believe I could do it.

In terms of where I am now, I have to thank Jen for taking this photo of me during FLM. For me, it sums it all up. I'm maybe a bit bigger than I want to be, but I'm fit, I'm a marathon runner, and more importantly than that, I'm enjoying it.



I can run a marathon with a smile on my face. I may not quite be good for age (yet! I'm having another go in Edinburgh at the end of May), but I'm not bloody bad for it either.

15 Comments:

Blogger t__m__i said...

And just when I recommended your blog to a host of delighted folk on the LJ runners community! Well, if you still occasionally post to the running blog you might find you have some new readers.
Personally am signed up to Berlin this year and that is an idea first planted in my head through reading your running blog.
And one day I hope to follow you into the sub-4 corral.
Good luck with the GFA attempt in Edinburgh and thanks for all the posts!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Well, I'm sorry to hear it. However, it's good that you're happy with your life; that's more important. Good luck with it all.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Future Me said...

Sorry to hear you're going. You're accomplishments are truly incredible; you have a lot to be proud of. Good luck!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Rev said...

You've been an enormous inspiration to me, H, and I come back to your blog all the time. So sorry to hear you won't be posting, but I am THRILLED to hear you're just too busy living a wonderful life.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Lostupstate said...

I will definitely miss your entries, be they on running, diet, rugby or your family. You gave me a little glimpse into a different life. It was a nice ride while it lasted but I agree with the other commenter -if it is because you are out living a wonderful life, good for you.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

I'll definitely miss your blog, but thank you for the loads of inspiration you've given me. I've been reading you since the beginning, and I'm so thrilled with the fact that you are happy and healthy! I hope to be like you sometime soon! Thanks, and good luck in Edinburgh!

4:54 AM  
Blogger JessiferSeabs said...

I am sad to see you go, but also understand that when something has run it's course (haha), it's time to quit while you're ahead.

That said, you have possible been my biggest inspiration in this weight loss / running journey -- I never really had tangible GOALS until I found your blog, and then i thought "lose 100 lbs and run a marathon? Hell, I can do that too!"

And I'm only at about 70 lbs lost, but I did run a marathon. And had I not found this blog, it may have never even occurred to me to THINK about the possibility.

So thank you, best to you, and I look forward to seeing what's next for you!

~jessica

1:43 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You will be missed. Thank you for all of your inspiration.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Zeynep said...

Oh NO! YP, i had just discovered your blog and was looking forward to the updates! I guess i'll have to contend myself with the archives for now.

Congratulations on your marathon, that's a fantastic result given the problems & early taper, etc. You've been a huge source of inspiration for me - I started running again, completed a 10K and am even contemplating a marathon. We're about the same age and height, so I feel like if YP can do it, I can do it too!!

Best of luck in Edinburgh & thanks for all the entries over the years.

2:56 PM  
Blogger LJ Cheshire said...

*points up at t__m__i*

As one of the people your blog was recommended to, I'm sad to hear this. I spend three straight evenings last week reading all of your blog that was available - you are truly an inspiration. Thank you for blogging your adventures and sharing them with the rest of us.

I'm in the position you were before you lost the weight and my goals are the same as yours were then - I'llbe keeping your experiences in mind as I go through it all. So I just wanted to say thank you and good luck for Edinburgh next month! I'm sure you'll get your GFA. :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

All the best! It's been wonderful to read your blog. I'm a recent reader and I've enjoyed hearing all about your marathons. I'm impressed by your weightloss journey too.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

All the best to you YP, i will really miss your blogging :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger lexi said...

I have read you from the beginning. I always wondered when this day would come. It's strange to see you go, but you deserve to live out your life too, out of a blog, so for that I am happy for you. Thank you for sharing. You will be missed.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Mal said...

You've been a true inspiration. Thanks.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

best tips and ways to lose weight easily: http://pweightloss.blogspot.com/

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home