Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This really is it...

OK, I said I was giving up blogging here, but I've got to a fitting end to this whole thing, so I thought I'd round it off with a bang.

Finally, after seemingly endless attempts, I ran my good for age marathon time.

3:44:05.

I made it by 55 seconds, but I made it. I'm not just a former fattie, or someone who's playing at running, I've hit an objectively set target that applies to everyone. I'm Good.

(and on the For Age side, I'm turning 30 on Saturday, but at least I know I'm good for it...)

There's still a whole lifetime of maintenance and running and doing stuff ahead of me, but I'm in a nice place right now. I'm not doing any more marathons before London 2009 (I posted my application today - guaranteed entry!) so I'm going to relax for a bit, make the most of life, and just enjoy the person I've become.

Thanks to all the people who have said they'll miss me, but I think I'm ready to fly away and live this thing on my own.

9 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Well done!

I'll keep an eye out for you on Facebook...

10:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I only started reading your blog about 7 or so months ago, but have enjoyed every moment. You are truly an inspiration and should be incredibly proud of myself. Whenever I am feeling less than motivated about running, I remember your journey and get out my sneakers. I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Anonymous GP said...

Best of luck :) Thanks for being so inspirational :) Will miss you!

Ros

5:59 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

I came acros your blog almost a year & a half ago. I was so inspired by your transformation! I just happened upon it again after all this time and see that you're "signing" off.

I want you to know that I have started running. It took a long time to get the nerve to do it & I'm only beginning - but remembering the healthy look you had in your 'after" pic always stuck with me. Best of luck to you as you endeavor to live life!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

hello! Your blog is nice ....
Would you exchange a link with my site?

http://follerumba.blogspot.com/

Ciao ciao from Italy

1:57 PM  
Blogger Emmett said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome job!! Great pics. I love to run, but it can get monotonous at times and tough to keep doing. Great job, well done.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jack Cabbage said...

Nice work. Congrats!

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there... care to add your blog at KeywordDir.info?

5:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great attempt altogether. Really appreciate the effort, liked the topic. Thanks for sharing it.
http://jillianmichaelsdietplans.com

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home